Lean In Canada is a volunteer-run organization. Want an engaging, meaningful volunteer experience? Join our team of women helping women! Our team values are:
Are you an outgoing person who loves to meet and interact with people? We are looking for volunteers to help sign-in our guests at our events. No experience necessary just a welcoming smile.
Do you have experience with live streaming events? We are looking for someone who can help us live-stream our events
Do you enjoy working on your own and researching cool and different venue spaces? Are you organized, familiar with events and familiar with Toronto? We are seeking a venue researcher! We will need you to research venues of a specific capacity in a specified area, and to reach out to the venues for rental cost, food and beverage spend and AV costs.
Do you have experience building communities on LinkedIn? Being an organization that encourages women to have fulfilling careers, we are looking to build a strong presence specifically on LinkedIn. As Lean In Canada expands across Canada, this is even more important.
Do you talk automation? Are you excited by subject lines? The digital customer journey? Lean In Canada is looking for someone to strategize, format and send out our newsletters. This person will be on the marketing and communications committee working closely with the Website and Newsletter Strategist. Experience with Mailchimp and CRM an asset.
We are currently looking for a team of volunteer graphic designers for our visual work. The ideal candidate is passionate about women’s issues and is looking to grow their portfolio. You will be designing brochures, posters, and other marketing materials, using assets like our library of professional photographs, our brand guidelines, and your own creativity. We expect this position to be approximately 15 - 20 hours worth of work per month. Please provide a link to your portfolio.
Join an exciting new team that will help to ensure the long-term viability and growth of our newly formed Vancouver chapter! The Marketing Committee will:
- Develop content that reflects our values and brand
- Build our reputation as a thought leader that drives rich and inclusive conversation to further women’s economic empowerment
- Increase community engagement through social media, website and newsletter
- Attract attendees, members, partners and sponsors
- Stay abreast of relevant news and research, hot topics, and interesting conversations
- Develop relationships with journalists and influencers that are aligned with Lean In
- Find ways to optimize marketing activities through SEO & analytics
Love being a self-starter? Do friends and family say you are a master communicator? Looking for passionate, entrepreneurially-minded project managers to help lead the set up and launch of new city chapters to join our national expansion efforts. High workload (up to 3-5 hours a week) but also very high reward for the right individual, to help us build something important from scratch.
Are you an experienced HR professional who is a self-starter and loves to roll up her sleeves? Join the expansion committee and help build and execute recruitment and volunteer onboarding plans as we embark on a mission to build new chapters across Canada! High workload (up to 3-5 hours a week) but also very high reward for the right individual, to help us build something important from scratch. Option to build own team if needed.
Join an exciting new team that will help to ensure the long-term viability and growth of our newly formed Vancouver chapter! The Sponsorship Committee will:
- Seek out, assess and recommend potential sponsors and grants to the Vancouver Chapter President and Lean In Canada Board
- Find and build relationships with sponsor leads to advocate for sponsorship of Lean In Vancouver (Regional Sponsors) and Lean In Canada (National Sponsors)
- Build a portfolio of financial sponsors and in-kind sponsors (eg. raffle prizes, services, etc.) to ensure a comfortable cash flow position and take advantage of cost-saving opportunities
- Work with Events Committee to ensure sponsors are accurately presented on site at events
- Work with Marketing Committee to ensure sponsors are accurately presented through marketing collaterals online and offline
You will be securing in-kind donations and sponsorships for at-event fundraising activities, e.g. raffle, auction prizes. You are motivated by acquisition for, as well as execution of, these activities.
You will secure sampling sponsors and vendors for Lean In Canada monthly networking events in Toronto. You are excited to lead the Table Sponsorships program by recruiting and managing setup and fostering a relationship with companies interested in distributing or selling products to our event audiences.
You will research, connect to, pitch, and negotiate sponsorships for Lean In Canada events in Toronto. You are excited to foster long term relationships with Evening Sponsors to build renewable partnerships for Lean In Canada.
You will research, connect to, pitch, and negotiate sponsorships for Lean In Canada. You are excited to foster long term relationships with National Sponsors to build renewable partnerships for Lean In Canada.
Join an exciting new team that will help to ensure the long-term viability and growth of our newly formed Vancouver chapter! The Finance Committee will:
- Develop and recommend the organizational budget on a quarterly and annual basis to be reviewed and approved by the Vancouver Chapter President and the Lean In Canada Board
- Conduct financial planning and forecasting, and identify potential surpluses or risks in the budget
- Prepare and distribute financial reports to the board one week in advance of board meetings
- Maintain records of organizational income and expenditures
"I’ve been exposed to an amazing community of great women whom I’ve relished the opportunity to get to know, network and build relationships with."
- Monique Ashpole