Closing the gender wage gap is more important than ever, which is why Lean In Canada launched a six-month series on pay equity in April 2021. We have since had the opportunity to collaborate with the Ontario Pay Equity Office to help Canadian women be champions of change.
Now more than ever, working women and society at large, should learn about pay equity in Canada, the gender wage gap, and why it matters to our collective growth prosperity. To wrap up this series, we are hosting a virtual roundtable discussion on the following topics where participants will join in to discuss:
- Technology and gender-based inequality
- Myth-busting and the gender wage gap
- Pay equity legislation in Canada
11:30 – 11:40am: Introductions
11:40 – 12:40pm: Roundtable discussions
12:40 – 1:00pm: Closing Remarks
This day (September 18) recognizes longstanding efforts to achieve “equal pay for work of equal value”, or as it’s more commonly known, “Pay Equity,” by organizations such as the International Labour Organization (ILO), United Nations Women (UN Women) and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
Looking for resources or more information? Learn more about:
- Pay equity or request assessment of specific organizational pay equity questions:
- The gendered impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Equitable economic recovery: