Want to join our team?
Lean In Canada is a volunteer-run community of professional women empowering each other to build purposeful and fulfilling careers. We are affiliated to LeanIn.org, an initiative of the Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation. Our volunteer engagement focuses on the following critical elements:
Meaningful Work – Our volunteers have broad and thoughtful accountabilities that leverages skills and stretches learning. We believe in creating an environment where our volunteers are encouraged to think outside the box and try new roles
Trust – Our volunteers are given authority to make decisions and act within the accountabilities of their roles
Diversity – We are committed to an open environment which encourages differences and focuses on advancing women in all facets of their life, professionally and personally
If you want an engaging, meaningful volunteer experience and feel connected to our mission, please join us!
+- Lean In Circles Lead
Purpose of the Circles Lead:
Lean In Vancouver wants to connect women through engagement in a Vancouver-based Lean In Circle. Circles are for women who are looking for space to connect more deeply with other women — and a little time to focus on themselves. In a world where women still face bias and other barriers at work, Circles are a safe space to share your struggles and successes, give and get advice, and celebrate each other’s wins. The Circles Lead will work with other members of the Lean In Vancouver leadership team support Lean In Vancouver's mandate to grow and develop Lean In Circles training, resource development, advice and strategic planning.
The Circles Lead will:
- Act as a communication bridge between Lean In Canada, The Lean In Org and Vancouver Circle leaders.
- Establish a Circle content plan that works to create consistency amongst circles in Vancouver.
- Develop a Circles growth strategy plan, including implementation strategies.
- Develop metrics and KPIs to measure the success of Circles, quantity and quality.
- Ensure a consistent quality and welcoming environment at circles in alignment with the Lean In brand and values.
- Assist the Events team with event content as required and ensure the appropriate promotion of Circles at events.
- Work with Lean In Vancouver marketing team to promote circles on social media channels.
- Develop a corporate circles framework that will allow Lean In Vancouver to grow their presence in corporate Vancouver through circles.
- Attend monthly meetings with the Lean In Vancouver leadership team.
- Experience in content/program development (including on-line) and writing.
- Experience in volunteer management and leadership development is an asset.
- Experience in strategy design and implementation is an asset.
- An understanding of and experience with Lean In Circles is an asset.
- There will be an expectation for this role to complete the Circle leadership training.
- Proficiency using Google Suite and Slack.
8-12 hours per month.
Minimum 1 year volunteer commitment - this term would end on June 30, 2023 with opportunity for renewal
"I’ve been exposed to an amazing community of great women whom I’ve relished the opportunity to get to know, network and build relationships with."
- Monique Ashpole